Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Well it only seems right.

We've decided to go ahead and make this happen, so it makes sense to put this next step in our lives down in words.

Last week, after many long conversations and shared hopes and ideas, we made the decision to adopt a baby to bring into our family, and it's amazing how perfect and right this feels. I can't stop smiling, and I'm so excited that we've decided to go this direction to find our family.

A little introduction. We're a young couple, mid-late 20's, married one year but together for six, and we've been best friends for all that time and longer. We've travelled the world together and opened each other's eyes to new possibilities that we'd never have found on our own. We've grown together, and can't wait to embark on this adventure together.

The process will be a long one. We've decided to adopt from South Africa, for reasons which I'll explain more as this blog develops. It will take awhile to gain approval from our provincial government in Ontario, then to be accepted by the government of South Africa, but we have faith that soon our baby will be conceived and born, and soon he or she will come home to us.

Over these years I'll share the processes to become an adoptive parent, but I'll also use this space to keep track of how it feels to go through it all, right from the beginning.

So if anyone is out there reading, I hope you'll enjoy what I have to say. If not, this is a great record for us while we find our family.

3 comments:

  1. Booya! It's about time you started to write. I can't wait. "jumping on the bandwagon"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited! I will be following your adoption journey! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete